- Assist senior professors in teaching, coaching and advising graduate students in communication and journalism courses, and grading coursework.
- Designed and produced a graduate-level curriculum on Communication, Media and Terrorism.
- Participated and successfully completed Campaign 2016: The Democratic National Convention.
Feature Writer (The Borgen Project)
2013 – 2015
- Started as a Journalism Intern & was recruited as a Feature Writer at the end of 12-week internship. Wrote online articles on international development for The Borgen Magazine & The Borgen Project blog, which drew over 41,000 & 261,000 unique visitors respectively in 2013.
- Consistently commended as one of the most dedicated writers for producing well-researched articles.
- Contact U.S. Congressional leaders to secure support for poverty-reducing legislation.
Online Web Editor (Message to the Nations)
- Planned, executed and optimized online marketing campaign. Formulated and implemented social networking and SEO strategy. Produced and edited online newsletters, e-book, blog posts, and social media content.
Broadcast News Intern (CBN News – Washington D.C. Bureau)
- Interviewed a diplomat & produced a lead story package for CBN News, which was broadcast to over 1 million people around the world. Commended as as a “real self-starter” with a “passion for news.”
- Assisted News Reporter & Producer to cover press conferences at the Senate, Supreme Court & White House.
- Researched on 2012 Presidential Elections, and produced fact sheets for the news correspondents covering the Republican and Democratic National Conventions.
- Assisted the News Reporter & Producer to conduct interviews & select sound bites for packages. Ran the prompter for 700 Club (live show), Brody File & Stakelbeck Show. Assisted the cameraman with field set-up and live shots.
Regent University Graduate Student Online News Writer
- Wrote news stories and produced newscast on U.S. and international news for The Daily Runner (DR), the online news site of Regent University. Helped launch DR’s logo and masthead competition.
Donor Communication Liaison (Campus Crusade Asia Ltd – East Asia Regional Team)
- Recruited as Donor Communications Liaison to assist Regional Director with donor identification, relationship development, donor & regional reports.
Operations Liaison (CCAL – Singapore)
- Responsibilities in multi-million One Building Project include sourcing for suitable locations/building to house all SCCC offices under one roof.
Editor-in-Chief & Donor Communication Liaison (CCAL – East Asia Opportunities)
- Recruited as Editor-in-Chief & delivered an integrated branding solution for an in-house newsletter. Achieved excellent staff, stakeholder & donor relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Drafted diverse written products including talking points, presentations, donor reports, director’s correspondence & annual reports. Translated key reports into English and/or Mandarin.
Editor-in-Chief (CCAL – East Asia Regional Office)
- Transformed a 2-color newsletter into full-color East Asia Magazine despite limited budget & significantly increased brand awareness of the organization. Worked with National & Regional Directors in 10 East Asia countries to produce high quality Annual Reports. Managed projects with communications vendors. Built a reputation for professional excellence.
- Leading Design Team member of CM2007 & spearheaded the CM2007 publicity campaign in East Asia that attracted 3,000 participants.
- Coordinated the registration and administration of 150-200 participants from East Asia in the Global Women’s Conference held at Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Community Staff (CCAL – Singapore)
- Wrote and published souvenir magazines for special events.
- Took on role of Public Relations in Crises Management Team.
- Led 3 teams of professionals to Tokyo in the Love Japan Project & a staff team to International Community Conference in Miami, U.S.A. & Switzerland for leadership development.
- Certified as a Birkman consultant & coached 4 Hewlett Packard women managers.
Staff Trainer (CCAL – Singapore)
- Started as a staff-in-training & was promoted to a Staff Trainer a year later. Trained 3 new staff.